Moving Day Directions:You will need to pull your moving truck into the Nov. 6th Alley from Monroe Avenue. McEwen's on Monroe, at 120 Monroe, is on the corner at the entrance of the alley. This is a great way to locate Nov. 6th Alley on your GPS. Park in front of the gray double doors (past the glass double doors) as close to the building as possible. Please do not block the alley or park in any of the reserved spaces. You will need to stop by the office to sign your paperwork and pick up your keys to your new home before you start moving. We will have the elevator locked off for you during your move. You will beunloading and moving your items down the basement moving ramp and into the elevator. We do have carts available to help with the move, but we cannot guarantee their availability the day of your move as they are available to all residents. Do not put ANY boxes down the trash chute. Please take all boxes to the basement. You may leave them by the dumpsters for our staff.
1. Elevator Reservations: Call the office at 901-543-8356 to reserve your move-in date and time. All furniture be brought through the basement, and not the lobby. We are unable to accommodate move-ins from 7am-9:30am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays due to trash pick-up.
2. Utilities: Please contact Memphis, Light, Gas and Water by either phone at 901-544-6549 or websitehttp://www.mlgw.com. The only service you will need to have in your name is electric. You will have 3 days after your move in date to have it turned over into your name. They may require a copy of the lease or a deposit.
3. Cable and Internet Services: Contact Comcast to set up cable and/or internet at 1-800-Comcast. Comcast is the only cable option available for the building. Request that a technician comes to install your cable and/or internet services (the self-install kits may not work for this building). Any internet service is allowed.
5. Pets: We will need the animal's shot records and a $350 pet fee before they are allowed on the property. You can upload the shot records and pictures on the pet policy page.
6. Change of Address: Make sure that you have filled out a change of address form. You can do it online by going to http://moversguide.usps.com for a $1.00 fee. You can go to any US Post Office and fill out the form free of charge.
7. Call Box Number: The call box at the front door only accepts 7 digit number (aka local 901 area code numbers), while the call box at the back entrance accepts both local and long distance phone numbers. Please provide the office with the number you would like programmed into the boxes. Press 6 on your phone to release the door an allow your visitor entrance.